Ignite Learning is looking for an experienced individual to oversee and conduct technology support for both internal and external customers of a small, casual, but growing service oriented operation in Austin, Texas. The Tech Support Manager will coordinate, prioritize, and provide technical expertise and assistance, working closely with K-12 district technology customers and company personnel. He/she will provide leadership and have a strong technical and IT management background. The individual filling this role must be detail-oriented, very organized, and able to juggle many responsibilities, wear many hats.
Founded in 1999, Ignite! Learning is dedicated to supporting middle school administrators, teachers, and parents who are dissatisfied with the low achievement impact of existing subject and grade level materials. We are the leading, middle school digital content solution motivating hard to reach learners and enhancing local standards-based instruction.
The Tech Support Manager will have 6 to 8 years of related experience and meet the following requirements:
- Advanced troubleshooting and administration experience with all current Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Technical support and help desk experience a must
- Interact daily with customers and company personnel on installations, tech support assistance, product deployment, trouble shooting.
- Assist in the development of materials for customers and end users
- High level expertise in technology integration, specifically Server based deployed software solutions, including creating simple, customized Microsoft Installer Packages (MSI) for installing product solutions.
- Ability to support integrated education learning systems, such as interactive white boards, learner response systems and other hardware/software solutions.
- Network Administration & Internal system security and maintenance
- Responsible for management of Rackspace service provider, phone systems
- Experience with USB devices.
- Experience with handling escalated support calls – provide top-tier support for complex issues for both internal and external customers.
- Software/hardware Quality Assurance: version control, experience with bug-tracking software and procedures, and ability to communicate and support product development.
- Strong documentation skills a must – write detailed procedures, product specifications, and strong communication skills.
- Experience with Linux and Mac OS X in a corporate environment is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software is a plus
- Able to work with teams and under pressure
- Responsible for scheduling maintenance and inventory of technology assets
Benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD & LTD.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.